Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Up, Up, and how low to planes fly?

Continuing the fun with Maclin's DJI Phantom copter, we decided to take some night photos with it tonight. It has some incredibly bright LEDs on the belly, so it's perfect for light trails.

My idea was to just send the thing straight up to 400ft, and have a big light trail going up. And you know what? For the first time, my idea actually worked out how I thought it would. Imagine that!

It was a super simple set up. ISO640, f2.8 and 30s for an exposure of the stars, with a 10mm lens. The Phantom was just on the ground in front of the camera, and as soon as I tripped the shutter Maclin sent it flying.

For editing, I did some local clarity adjustments to the stars, and then lowered the highlights in the base of the light trail just a bit. Other than that, nothing. Easy.

I guess short post tonight!



See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment