Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Carrot Muffin Items

I asked my sister to make some goodies for me to bring to the shop, and as payment I would, of course, take pictures of them for her blog. She ended up making these delicious carrot muffin things, no idea what's in them but they are delicious. You'll have to look up her recipe when she posts it.

Emma's Baking Addiction is the name of her blog. Tons of good recipes and such on it :)

So for photos, I didn't really change things up too much. I had a new plate, but that's not too new. It had a cool spiral design though, and my favorite shot from tonight was placing the muffin directly in the center of the spiral. Pretty common idea that most would think of, but that doesn't mean it's a bad one.  I shot straight down at 57mm, or close to what normal lens looks like.

The strobes were pointed opposite of what I usually do, one on the left was the key, and light up the whole left side of the box to make a giant soft box. The other strobe was pointed backwards to light up the back panel and provided overall global light. I really like this lighting scheme; it lit everything very nicely, and make the muffins look very tasty/moist. Which they are :)

For editing, I lowered the highlights and raised the whites. This compressed the tonal range down a bit so that I got more detail in the highlights, but still kept very white whites. To finish it off, I made a circular adjustment that made a warm, high contrast vignette around the muffin. This was to bring more attention to the spiral, and also highlight the muffin.


See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment