Thursday, July 31, 2014

Sunrise

Victor came back today! I was out on a call really early, and he got in on the 5:50 boat, so we decided to go do some sunrise pictures.

We discovered that we have been missing out with only watching sunsets! The east side of the island in the morning is simply amazing. The view over the other islands as well as the Cascade range was sweeeet. I think I may be getting up for sunrises in the future...

So for pictures, I first shot some tree silhouettes, the sun; that sort of thing. Then I zoomed in to 200mm and started looking around at the other islands. To the north, there's Orcas, so I took a panoramic of the view there. I shot at ISO100, f8, and 1/160. I wanted the lens to be sharp, so with the stabilization I was definitely fine at 1/160, and f8 just made everything a little sharper.

In Lr, I first made the panorama using Ps, then I started doing color work and what not on it. I raised the contrast a lot, as well as the shadows and lowered the blacks. I raised the clarity and vibrance a bit to. This brought out the details in the shadows, made everything more alive, and also preserved the dark blacks. Finally, I warmed everything up to match the sunrise I was seeing.


See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment