Saturday, July 5, 2014

4th of 'Merica Birthday July

I don't think the background for tonight needs to be explained....

I started out shooting at 1.3 seconds, which gave some really nice trails for the fireworks. I did an few like that, and they didn't turn out half bad!


I like how it turned out, but it could be better! I switched over to shooting at 1/8 at f4/5, and ISO1250.  I wanted to get more of just the end bits, and not big light trails. This would also eliminate giant hot spots that happen with long exposures.

So I set up the tripod and just started snapping away at anything good!

What I was left with was a whooooole lot of fireworks. So in Ps I set everything to lighten, and then masked out little bits that were too bright or didn't work well. I even moved a whole section over so that it would fill an empty space in the sky. Pretty simple and easy but with great results! Amazing what you can do with just layer masks.

In Lr, I raised the clarity and saturation a lot to give the fireworks more pop. Then I raised the black point a bit and tones the shadows a little blue.


See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment