Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Over the Valley

Finally got the Phantom up to altitude today. A certain altitude that is for me to know and you to not know other than it's really freaking high and you can see the outline of the island...

Maclin and I went out to San Juan Valley just around sunset, and I've got to say it was pretty amazing. There was this big open field that we flew above, and you could see literally for miles all around. Even though you're just looking at a little screen, it's still amazing. Especially when you're zooming around at altitude.

So for the photo, I wanted to get the three shadows, and the square fields. From where we were, it wasn't the best view ever of the fields, but we sure got some cool shadows. If I was to do it again, I would fly out more to directly over some of the fields.

For exposure, I just tilted down and rotated away a bit so that the sun wasn't in the view. The camera exposed for the shadows, and got a pretty good shot.

In editing, I did a auto tone, then raised the clarity and shadows a bit as well as converted to b/w. That's about it. Pretty quick and easy picture, but something a little different. Maybe a little planet photo from above there would look cool....


See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment