Sunday, July 6, 2014

Face like Stone

I was over at Victor's tonight trying to help him fix up an old BMW. It was really just a one person job though at the time, so I started wandering around. The Capron's have an incredible house/complex. It's filled with antiques, boats, cars, guns, swords...basically everything. Heck, there's even a museum!

I first started shooting this cool fountain with a carved lion on it. I just shot with my 50mm at f1.4 and ISO400. It was set to Av mode, so the shutter speed was set by the camera. The picture turned out pretty cool, so I thought I may go try to find more carvings like that!

And lucky me, I found another carved face just feet away. This one was of a man and was almost life sized. I shot it from below, and some things I did not expect happened. A really pronounced vignette appeared from the natural lighting on the carving, and the shallow depth of field made the face look life like somehow. I had no idea that would happen, I just got really lucky!

For editing, I raised the whites up a lot, and lowered the highlights. This kept most of the highlights from overblowing, and just raised the whitest whites. I also converted to b/w, but that's about it. Not much editing for this one!


See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment