Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Much HDR

 There was another epic sunset tonight, and I just happened to be up on Young Hill with my camera for it.

I did a little planet photo, but it turned out a little different that usual. I shot everything in bracketed sequences like last time, and batched them in Photomatix Pro using tone mapping to Details Enhancer. This gave the photo a VERY HDR look to them. But that's not too different than usual.

Where I really diverged was in PTGui creating the stereographic effect. Instead of just making a little planet, I warped everything around. It turned out too look more like the actual side of the hill, and a 3D environment, rather than a flat world with some trees sticking out of it. You can see for yourself in  the image of course.

I wanted to have a big thing of sky over the planet, but there was no image data for it, and recreating sky gradients is incredibly difficult. So I just cropped it into a nice landscape panoramic crop, and it doesn't look half bad! To get rid of the whole beneath the camera,  I used the spot healing brush tool this time. It works really well!

For editing in Lr, I just upped the greens a bit. That's all.


See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment