Thursday, July 3, 2014

Even more Yum Yums

My sister made S'more creations yesterday. Basically s'mores in brownie form, and basically amazingly delicious.

As with late, I've been wanting to do things differently with food pictures. I've taken so many of them, so things need to be changed up. I've always shot with a matte type background, so the light is not usually reflected that much. On occasion I've shot with slightly reflective plates and stuff like that, but nothing like....tin foil!

S'mores are make over fire right? You can make baked potatoes in fire too. But you wrap them with tin foil. Therefor tin foil can go with s'mores! I guess...

Either way, it looks really cool since it's so reflective! I just put the bars on the foil and shot them pretty much how I always shoot food. A group shot, then some individuals. I try to get as many angles as possible, from head on to over the top. One of those angles will look good, but I usually have to cycle through a lot to find it.

Top down shots are very appealing to me, probably because they are all about form and less about space. The shot for tonight is a top down shot of 5 bars. My sister arranged them into a square made of four bars, then put one bar on top off angle. The combination of the very regular shapes with the off angle top bar makes the picture IMO. I shot with a pretty shallow DoF, so only the top bar is really in focus.

Lighting was pretty much the same as always, soft box on the right with a bare strobe on the left.

In editing, I upped the saturation, whites, shadows, and then added a bit of vignette. The increased saturation brought out the relationship between the blues and the oranges. Pretty simple edit really.



See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment