Monday, June 30, 2014

More Jedi

Originally was supposed to be sith...but things happened and he turned into a Jedi. Luckily.

Here's a video of the set up. We made a light mod to act as a strip light that is the size of a light saber. This threw light on Victor like a real light saber would, so it made it more believable.



For editing, I went into Ps first. The light saber is made out of four red layers with increasing blur strengths and one white layer. The blur creates the glow you see, and the white is supposed to be the blade of the saber. Not too complicated.

In Lr, I modified the tone curve mainly. I pulled the blues up in the shadows, and then pulled the greens wayyyy up in the highlights. The reds I pulled down just in the highlights. When converted to b/w, the tone curve still colors the image, so you get a nice green effect. Originally, the set up was for a red saber and blue back lights, but I like the toned image a lot more than the original. Sometimes it just works out that way! I always like to see what an image will look like if I just go completely crazy with some settings and what not. You never know when you'll find something cool!



See you tomorrow!



No comments:

Post a Comment