Friday, June 13, 2014

Mooooon of Doom

Full moon tonight, and you know what that means. Epic full moon behind cloud. Pictures.

I set up my camera on bracketing from -3ev, 0, and +3ev. This ensured that I got the full range of tones in the moon, clouds and sky. At least for the most part. The moon is so bright when it's full that even at that bracketing range some tones are lost. If I would have caught it a little earlier, then the moon would be dimmer and the tonal range more compressed. Lessons for the future. I shot at ISO800, f5.6 and 1/10.

For editing, I used photomatix to make an HDR, then in Lr I upped the saturation and vibrance all the way, as well as the clarity. Noise reduction helped a lot, as well as a wee bit of sharpening.

That's all! Short post tonight I guess.




See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment