Saturday, June 28, 2014

Bear Thing

A few months ago, my parents gave me this canister of compressed air for cleaning things. I just started using it last night to clean this crazy neon sign I got. But the sign isn't important. What is important, is that if you hold the canister upside down, you get a big jet of fog from the gases inside! I thought it would make a great special effect shot tonight.



For editing, I composited the two shots with layer masks and layers set to lighten. Very simple. Just took out the spots I didn't like from the different layers, and then combined the two. In Lr, I converted to b/w, then upped the clarity a loooot. Also the shadows and highlights just a tad. This all gave the photo more drama and pop to everything. There are some cool textures going on, so I wanted the improve that in editing.

I positioned the bear as I did for a couple reasons. First, I wanted to make it like a real scene. With the  bear at that angle, it looks like a 3D image. Sorta. If I shot it straight on, there would be no sense of depth to it.



See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment