Saturday, June 21, 2014

It's a Lake

One of the most amazing spots on the island is the forest lands up on the north west corner of the island. There's a couple lake, and countless little steams and such. One of the lakes up there has a look out over a dead tree stand. I was up there today riding, and it looked like an awesome place to do a little planet photo!

As usual, 360 pano made the photo, and then I edited it in Snapseed. The contrast was pretty high between the shadows on the land and the sun lit trees across the water. I raised the shadows, ambient, and structure in Snapseed, which helped to bring out the details where I was. Unfortunately, it also skewed the color and made a ton of noise. Unfortunate. 

In Lr, I lowered the highlights a bit and raised the whites. This gave me bright whites, but not overblown highlights. I also did some spot adjustments on the trees and the land where I was. I darkened both to make the photo a littttle more realistic. 

That's pretty much it. It's not the greatest photo ever, but I do like the geometry of it. The contrast between the land on one side and the water and trees on the other. It's really like a little planet! haha


See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment