Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Yummy

My sister made a yummy Greek food item tonight that I forgot the name of and/or can't spell and I'm too lazy to look it up and this is a giant run on sentence and my dad's an english teacher why can't I grammar?

Moving on....

So the Greek food that was made by my sister was really good. I normally don't like Mediterranean food that much for some reason (except for Italian), but I liked what ever she made. It was in Pita break and we added salad and this really good sauce. You can find out more about the food at her blog, Emma's Baking Addiction. Google it, fool!

Now to photography...

Basically the same set up I used for the last food picture. There was a strobe in the back and a strobe in the front, with two consistent light sources to add a bit to the shadows. The strobe in the back was pretty high to add some back light to the food. I put a soft box on the strobe in the front to give the food some nice, soft light. The  closer a light source is, the brighter it is and also the bigger it is. I had the soft box really close, so I saved on power and made everything superrrrrr soft.

As for how we positioned the food, we pretty much just used what we had. Which was a white tray. I wish we had some other props or backgrounds that would add something extra to the image. Give a Greek feel, or something like that. But what we had worked and that's that.

It's more attractive to the viewer if you have an odd number of objects in the frame. Even if that means having two and a half objects, it makes the image feel more balanced and also draws the viewers attention more. Adding things like the salad in the background and a fork just add to that "food appeal" that we are brainwashed with by ads. At least that's the idea!

I really didn't edit these much. I shot at 1/60, ISO100, and f8 with power settings at 1/16 and 1/32. This gave me an awesome exposure right off the bat, so the only things I did in Lr were coloring the oranges a little more yellow, some cropping, and the lens corrections. They are pretty much straight out of the camera. It really pays to get it right when you take the picture, they will just look better overall and will save you soooo much work.


Doesn't look great on Blogger, as usual go to Fb.

See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment