Thursday, May 22, 2014

Milk

Surface tension is freaking cool. There's this awesome experiment where you put food coloring in milk and then put soap in it, and craziness happens. The colors swirl around everywhere and it looks awesomeeeeeeeee.

Lighting this was hard. And I don't think we really got it right, but we just put two strobes to cross light the milk. We had put the milk in a glass bowl, so the light could pass through the clear glass and light up the milk. It worked pretty well, but I think it could have been better somehow.

I shot at ISO100, 135mm (to focus close enough), 1/200, and f8 because strobes are brightttttt.

The first thing I did when editing was to crop out the bowl. It just looks bad and needs to go away. Next, I went about improving the color in the image by upping the highlights, shadows, vibrance and saturation. This brought out the subtle colors while still retaining the awesome whiteness of the milk. To complete the look, I added a vignette which made the colors around the edges really rich and intense. I did decrease the luminosity of course, but that's okay.

That's about it for this one, quick photo.



See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment