Friday, May 23, 2014

Food Food Yum Yums

More yum yums from Emma. This time they are energy balls...aka delicious bit sized things of awesomeness.

Sadly, they are for my mom so I only got one :(

I set up the photo fairly similar to the other food pictures. One strobe in the back with a soft box, and one strobe up front. However, this time the front strobe was pointed straight up to turn the whole box into a giant soft box.



These two images show the difference that the strobes make. With and with out, you can see how much light the strobes add and how that light improves the scene. The soft light in the back serves as a back light similar to a large window or something of the sorts.

When shooting the food, I approached like I was shooting something on a bigger scale. Maybe a landscape or something. Not everything needed to be in the frame, and so started framing things tighter. The arrangements we had of the balls worked lovely with shooting from directly above, similar to aerial photography. I really liked the flattened looked that shooting from above gave.

In editing, I mainly just added a vignette. Really that's all. A touch of shadow lifting, but that's it! If you light it right, it saves you so much trouble in the long run.

Here's my favorite from the shoot. Shot almost directly down.


See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment