Tuesday, May 13, 2014

It's a Toaster

I went for a run tonight. and then I was hungry. and so I made an egg sandwich. which required toast. and it was dark in the kitchen. and the toaster looked really cool. so I took a picture of it.

That's pretty much how I came up with tonights photo. It's not the best photo ever, but it pretty accurately captures the moment. A glowing toaster in the dark. I wish the focus would have been better, but it was super dark so I was shooting at f1.4 and the toast popped up right after I took the picture. The backs in focus though so that's good.

I shot at ISO1600 (so a heck of a lot of amplification) and 1/50. Pretty slow shutter, wide open aperture, and massive ISO. Sometimes you just have to compromise to get the shot. Depends on the situation, but it can be worth getting an OK shot rather than getting no shot at all.

I went for the washed out kind of look. The true blacks are pretty much all gone, and the dark areas are toned pretty blue. I raised the clarity and shadows to get more details in, and that's about it. Quick edit for tonight.


Wow blogger makes the picture look horrible :/ check it out on facebook

See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment