Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Troll Me

Had slightly way too much fun editing this picture. It got a little out of hand but whatever.

I was Facetiming with my good friend, Jessa, yesterday, and she said I should do a photo that involved my hair since it was so much longer that usual.

So that's exactly what I did tonight, only I doubt she meant for me to do what I did....

You remember those troll dolls right? With the colored hair and plastic body's? Great dog toys Awesome little toys.

Back track a bit, I tried out a bunch of different idea for a hair picture, but none of them were working. The one I really wanted to get was one of my hair standing straight up in the air. Well that wasn't going to happen, so I had to turn upside down and my hair would then look like it was straight up! Only taking a selfie upside down is more difficult that you would imaging. Especially with a camera that wouldn't focus...grrrr.

So my solution was to back the camera way up and go telephoto. This gave me a greater depth of field (already at f11) and also made it easier for the camera to focus. Don't ask me why cause I have no idea.....

So there I was, bending over in an attempt to get my head completely upside down and still in the frame while all the blood rushed to my head. Pretty great image right? I felt pretty odd. That's when I got the idea of making myself into one of those troll dolls! It was so ridiculous it just had to happen.

I was shooting at 1/200, f11, ISO100 and 120mm if your wondering. With a strobe modded by a umbrella set to 1/16 power(ish. I didn't really look just set it by feel).

I'm going to do something different tonight. Instead of writing how I edited this...I'm going to show you screen shots of all the steps I took. If you want more info, just comment and I'll write it all out for ya.


Two words: Liquify Filter. That thing is so fun and awesome.

And the final image large.


So here's me. The human troll doll. I hope you're happy, Jessa.

See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment