Monday, April 21, 2014

No Edit

Tonight is something very different than usual. A completely unedited, untouched, photo. The only thing I did in Lr was export it. I must be going crazy, I know. Me, not editing a photo? What....

For one I really like the photo as it is. I've been in a weird mood today, and I think the raw nature of the photo sort of captures that. I still have my head phones in from my run an hour ago, and didn't care to change my shirt either.

This last week of school is going to be a rough one I sure, and so I nuked the whole image red to express that. But then I also wanted to show I wasn't completely engulfed in the tide, and so I let a little beam of white light fall on my face and I looked right at the camera.

At least that's the theory. I could have also just been scheming up a cool light design, but I like the deeper, self reflective explanation.

So I guess all I can talk about is how I lit this because I didn't do anything else.

Background was a white mat board. I had a flash on 1/16 power  camera left with a deep red gel on it. On camera right was a snooted flash at 1/32 power. The gelled flash needed more power to cut through the gel. I was shooting at f7.1, ISO100, 1/200 and on my 50mm lens. I think this give the picture a very non distorted look so that you can focus on the subject and light rather than the technicalities of the optics.



Well, that's about it..I guess see you tomorrow?

No comments:

Post a Comment