Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Kale Treat

I found an awesome new treat today. It's called Kale Krunch and it tastes like cheddar. Except it's made from kale and other healthy ingredients. I was super hungry tonight, so I decided to do a macro shot of said Kale Krunch since that would be representative of the night.

I set up the shot the same exact way I did my last macro shot. You can find the details of that here.

I don't think tonights photo turned out nearly as cool as the ice macro though. Little bummed about that but oh well, it's still a cool picture of what a piece of Kale Krunch looks like! Maybe I should get a real macro lens some day....

Once I'd taken the photo, I brought it into Lr. I raised the exposure a bit as well as the highlights just to brighten it up. I warmed it up and took out all the blues, also raised the vibrance a bit. Some split tone was added with orange in the shadow and green in the highlights. Finally, I went and removed the purple chromatic aberrations, because they can really screw up a photo.

It's crazy how little tiny things like that can make or break a photo. It doesn't take much for the photo to just feel...off. It's important to pay attention to the little details as much as the main part of the photo.


I might try another macro tomorrow, and see if I can get some pictures as cool as the ice ones. Those were just awesome.

See you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment