Monday, April 28, 2014

Not another M hike

The sky was epic again today, so I went for another hike up the M trail.

I went during the middle of the day though, so there was much more contrast in the sky and ground. I like taking cloud pictures during this time of day because they can turn out to be so dramatic. I was not disappointed today.

For the photo I'll post here, I shot big panoramic image of the mountains in the distance. The clouds above them were just so dramatic and I had to capture them. I shot at f8, 1/400, ISO 100, 135mm, and with a polarizer filter. The polarizer darkened the sky and made the clouds more dramatic. I didn't use a trip for this however, but it still stitched together very nicely.

I Lr, I converted the image to b/w the upped the contrast all the way and then lowered the blacks and raised the whites. This made the image super contrasty and dramatic. Obviously I'm going for dramatic here...also I raised the clarity. Clarity helps with sky a lot because the sky is mostly mid tones and clarity increases mid tone contrast.

To finalize it, I added some noise reduction and a bit of sharpening. Not too much because the image was already pretty sharp.

Well, that's it. I'll post the rest of the photos from today on my Fb so go check it out! Link is over on the right side of the screen...


See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment