Friday, March 21, 2014

Man on Fire

Finally, Jamie and I got a working creamer canon. Basically, a creamer canon uses compressed air to shoot coffee creamer into a big cloud, which is then ignited by an open flame. And we made one that worked quite well.

This photo really weren't set up or planned well. I just set up the camera and took some shots really just to see how big of a fire ball we'd gotten. But they actually turned out really cool and so I had a photo of the day. It's just taken me a bit to get the blog written....

To take the photos, I set the camera to 1/80 of a second to get a little blur in the fire. It did over expose it a bit, but I think that adds some cool quality to the overall image. I shot at f3.2, and ISO 100. I used a 10mm lens because why not?

I was shooting in drive mode, so I had a lot of pictures in a sequence. In Ps, I took two of those and combined them to make the fireball biggerrrrr.... lighten blend mode and then a layer mask around the area I wanted.

In Lr, I used a preset from onOne grunge presets, and that was it. Pretty quick edit with a cool result.

I also cloned out a bike pump in the frame.

But here is the magical fire!!!


Jamie is actually a fire lord and can shoot it from his hands...just by the way.

And don't worry the building didn't burn down :) maybe next time.

See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment