Friday, March 21, 2014

Aliens

I was going to do some long exposure of the stars tonight, but unfortunately it was cloudy so that couldn't happen....

Instead I decided to go to the top of a parking garage in town. But it was cold and windy and there weren't any good pictures to think of so that didn't work.

Next, I went to the abandoned underground parking garage. It was somewhat warmer and so I could actually think of a picture. There were these really cool stairs at the end of the garage, and I immediately thought of an alien abduction.

I grabbed a 560 and my grid, and climbed up the stairs. I held the strobe over Cara, who was holding the remote. It was set to a two second delay, so she had time to press the button and then hide the remote for the photo.

In Lr, I set to black and white, then applied on the onOne presets for grungyness. Basically, it added contrast, clarity, and some digital grain.

Camera settings: f1.4, 1/100, ISO400. I wanted a fairly fast shutter speed....because that's what it was before. and the wide open aperture so there would be enough light, and the ISO so it'd be properly exposed.


That's all tonight, see you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment