Saturday, March 1, 2014

Light bulllllb

I really love the 1/8 grid I have, so I thought I'd do a picture with it tonight. I happened to glance at a pack of light bulbs sitting on my shelf, so light bulb picture it was.

My first thought was to put the light bulb on the upturned grid and light it that way. The problem was getting the light bulb to balance upright...it was not going to happen on its own.

To solve this, I used duct tape of course, because duct tape fixes everything. I added a bit of tape to the back end of the bulb where you wouldn't see it, and then tilted everything down so I was shooting up at an angle at the bulb. The weight of the bulb kept it balanced upright pulling against the tape, and the grids texture kept it from sliding out from under it

self.

I had the strobe under the grid set to 1/128 power, and I used another snootted strobe off to the side to completely light up the bulb. Also set that one to 1/128.

In Lr, I used Cross Process 2 (love that one) and painted a vignette in to get rid of the edges of the grid. I liked the patter of the grid under the bulb so I left it.



See you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment