Thursday, March 6, 2014

Keys

Today's post is rather symbolic, as for the next week or so I'll be gone. I'm going on a trip over spring break and I'll not be near any internets. But never fear I'm brining almost all my camera gear so there will be photos!

Today's photo was made with only a Maglite. No fancy strobes or tech talk, just my little flashlite in a dark room. Camera was set to 1/80, f2.2 and ISO400. I angled the light so that there would be a lot of texture and depth to the keys, but other than that I was just shining a flashlight on my subject. Natural or continuous lights are always nice to go back to sometimes after the hightechness (don't think that's a word) of artificial lighting.

In Lr, I lowered the clarity, saturation, and vibrance to give it almost an nostalgic feel. It's not perfectly sharp and crisp. It's rather soft and isolated. Just some keys in the blackness. Key's I won't be using for the next week.


That's all for now. See you not tomorrow, but in a week or so!

No comments:

Post a Comment