Monday, March 17, 2014

Alternative Process

Since I'm still editing (almost done!) the photos from last week, I decided to do something a bit different today.

For my final project for school, I'm going to try to use a Holga Camera. A Holga is literally a plastic camera, so it's not the most widely used camera ever. It makes some really cool pictures though, full of light leaks and softness. I decided to take a picture of my Holga and make it look like it was taken by a digital Holga! So I used my iPhone.

I don't think I've posted anything taken on my phone before. There's some coming from the Zion trip, but that'll be later. Today I wanted something quick, but also to look good. The iPhone is incredibly fast to edit on, and you get some really good results! Sometimes better than with a DSLR and Ps.

I set up my Holga on my custom seamless background (curved mat board taped to a chair) and used my desk lamp to light it. The actual picture was super fast and straight forward.

I imported the picture into Snapseed, an awesome editing app. I did a few things to it...firstly I raised the structure, ambience, contrast, brightness, and saturation. I then added the B/W filter and added A LOT of grain to it. I finished off with the Retrolux filter. I cycled through random combinations of that filter until I got something I liked.

So there you have it, a super simple, quick and easy photo. It's very processed, but I really love the orange glow and imperfections i.e. scratches and dust. It's all a filter but it just looks cool! Just my opinion though....


That's all, I'll get back to editing so you can see the good photos tomorrow! It's going to be hard choosing only 9 to show in the blog....see you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment