Sunday, March 16, 2014

Back!

So tonight there won't be any pictures from the last week and a half. I filled up a card and a half, so it's been taking me a bit of time to edit them. They're coming soon, just not tonight. 

Instead, I did a really quick shoot tonight so I could continue editing. 

Since I've been editing since about 1, my brain was a little photography'd out. I did manage to come up with a little something.

Last fall, I did a ride on a rocky trail and went maybe a too fast. I flatted both wheels in the span of about 5 minutes. I kept those tubes for some strange reason which I only came to understand tonight.

Tonight, I threw those tubes in the air. And when they landed that was my photo. It was kind of a mini series of randomness as well as form and texture. I love light playing on interesting forms and lines. I recreated a big soft light by using two strobes on the same plane as the tubes. It made a night top light and exaggerated the texture and depth of the tube. 

The two strobes were set to 1/128. I shot straight down on the tubes. The mat board was a little worse for the wear, and so the desired solid white background is not so solid. But it worked as well as I wanted int he time I had. 









Camera settings were 1/80, f2.2, and ISO100. 


















So there you have it. A mini series of punctured bike tubes. In Lr I just converted to greyscale and that's it. Simple. See you tomorrow, hopefully with some pictures from the last week!

No comments:

Post a Comment