Saturday, September 27, 2014

Same Picture?

It was another stormy day in Bozeman today, and I somehow ended up on the same stretch of road I did last night. Funny how that works....

The mountains still looked amazing though, so why not shoot them again?

This time, the cloud cover was complete, and they were low enough to be rolling over the mountains. Really epic. I shot the same way I did yesterday, hand held panorama, only this time I shot vertically to get more of the ground and the sky in the frame. There was this huge cow gathering, and I wanted to include them. It was also a bit darker today, so I shot at 1/100 f8 and ISO250. That's about 3 stops darker than yesterday if I remember right. Maybe...

Editing followed a lot of the same lines in Lr. Also entirely actually. Clarity, shadows and highlights up. I also did some curves adjustments in Ps. I think four layers of it actually. First one was just to bright up one cow in the foreground. Next one was to lighten the ground up a tad. Third one added more contrast to the mountains, and the fourth added to the sky. I did all this by using layer masks to select where I wanted each adjustment to go.

I don't feel like I need to say much about this photo since it's so similar to yesterday! But even though it is, it still has such a different feel to it. Much more menacing and dark.



See you tomorrow!


No comments:

Post a Comment