Saturday, October 18, 2014

The Mountains

Super short post today, just not much to say! It's a simple photo, with a very simple edit. Simple simple.

My dad's in town for the weekend, and tonight we went for a short hike up the M trail at sunset, and what a sunset. Not one of those epic cloud ones, but a simple, pure, sunset. Crystal clear sky, and a perfect view all the way to the mountains in the west. In the mountains all the way over there, there was a bit of moisture in the air. I say this because their were some epic sun rays going on as soon as the sun set.

But it didn't last for long, so even though we were only a few minutes from the top, I stopped and took a couple pictures. Sometimes, it's good to wait a few minters at sunset for the light to get better, but sometimes you just gotta take the picture when you see it!

A "proper" exposure blew the sky out completely. It's the camera trying to not have super underexposed blacks of the mountains. But you know what, I want that, and I want there to be an awesome sky. So I underexposed by one stop, which brought back the sky into perfect exposure.

I zoomed all the way in, and just got the silhouette of the mountains and the sunset behind them. Simple, but perfect.

For editing, I upped the clarity and highlights just a bit. Not much. This is basically how it looked on the camera. Probably not so much in real life, but close as I could get it.


See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment