Saturday, October 4, 2014

Movie Night

Bunch of people came over tonight, photo students in my class, and we had a movie night. I wasn't having much inspiration for photos for today, so I just decided to turn the movie into a photo opportunity like I have in the past.

Essentially, I did the same thing as I have before with movies. Super super long exposure. I was on a 10mm lens stopped to f22, so to get a good exposure I shot for 1487 seconds. Otherwise known as 24 minutes. Not incredibly long, but long enough to get some cool results. Or so it looked on the back of the camera.

Once I got it into Lr though, I wasn't exactly blown away with the results. The colors were bleh and the composition wasn't really thought out very well either. But I didn't want to reshoot something, so I figured out a way to make the photo work for me.

Contrast all the way up. Clarity all the way up too. Shadows and blacks up quite a bit as well, so I wouldn't loose toooooo much details in the shadows. All this gave the photo a very, very rough look. Like it was shot on a coarse grain film. And then printed way to contrasty.

Something still wasn't right. Composition. So I turned it into a square photo. Cropped the sides a ton, so it was just the people sitting in front of the TV. It formed actually a really nice V shape, and the TV fell pretty close to one of the third lines. It's not perfect, but it's way better than before.


See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment