Saturday, October 11, 2014

S'more?

So Alex bought a blow torch today....and some marshmallows. and started roasting said marshmallows with said blow torch. They were actually pretty dang good. Didn't have that campfire taste, but it's a lot of sugar so it's delicious.

Of course I had to shoot flaming marshmallows. Which turned out a little more complicated than I thought. Most of the time, you have to shoot at 1/500 or even 1/1500 to get fire without getting it completely over blown.

But tonight, I guess this blow torch sucks...because I ended up having to shoot at 1/10 and ISO400, and f5.6 to get the fire. Whaaaa?

Anyway, once I got my exposure set, it was a simple matter of taking a lot of pictures of marshmallows catching on fire! You can see the set up is pretty simple. As in a marshmallow on a fork above fire....with a black cloth behind it.

Editing, I upped the clarity a bit, as well as the shadows. It's pretty simple edit, this is a fairly true to life photo. As much as a photo can be that is...



See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment