Thursday, October 23, 2014

Lamp

Had a late night of training tonight, so I didn't even get home until midnightish...and still had no picture. :(

But then, I saw the light....no literally, I saw my lamp reflected in one of my lenses. It was an old Nikon Series E lens....yeah not sure if that's relevant. But it's a telephoto zoom lens, which is important! 

It's important because there are lots of elements and lens in side, which make lots of really cool reflections. :D

I just used my phone to take the picture, it's quick and easy and seemed to be fitting. Using a cheap cell phone to take a picture of a nice expensive lens....

And then editing it in Snapseed of course!

I didn't do much with editing really. I started by cropping everything so that it was just the lens and not any background. Then I increased the contrast just a bit to get rid of some unwanted shadow details. The subject is the reflections, so I want to draw as much attention to that as possible. To further this, I increased the saturation  a tad. More color against black equals more allure. 

To finish it off, I added a center blur with slight vignetting. The ended reflections were already blurred, so all it did was blur the lens to draw attention into the frame instead of out of it. If that makes sense....


See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment