Friday, February 21, 2014

Weird Face Thing

Today's photo just kinda happened. It was really a step by step process with no idea what I was going for.

I started with a simple head shot of myself. Lit by one umbrella against a white backdrop. Simple. Got that into Ps and stamp tooled out my shirt so it was just my neck and head. I then selected and duplicated a couple parts of my face, which I then proceeded to enlarge and/or distort. I blended them back onto my face by just using a feathered layer mask. Next step was to make the weird color effects going on. Make a layer, fill with cloud filter, blur it, and apply a gradient overlay with layer styles. Final step is to paint in the clouds by using a brush that well, makes clouds. I applied a gradient overlay in layer styles to that layer as well.


Camera setting: 1/80, f2.2, ISO400. Strobe at 1/128 power

I didn't at all know this was the image I was going to come out with, but I'm happy with the result. It's kind of a busy image, but it works. Maybe a bit flat.

See you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment