Friday, February 21, 2014

Mirror Box

I had nooooo idea what to shoot today. I spent close to two hours playing around with different ideas before I finally stumbled upon one I liked.

Last night, I went and bought myself a pack of mirrors. Six of them for $12.95. Pretty good deal. Tonight, I realized that a cube has six sides. And what did I have six of? Mirrors! So I made a cube of mirrors. And what do you think I put inside? My camera of course!

Lighting this was kind of tricky, I obviously couldn't use any soft lights because my cube was only around 1 cubic foot in size. I ended up just sticking both my strobes in with the camera. I ended up with something that resembles the inside of a Borg ship. I used a 10mm fish eye from Sigma. It's a f2.8, but I had it on f9 because the strobes were so bright even at a low power setting.


In Lr I raised the clarity up all the way....and that's it. This is basically what it looked like out of the camera. The mirrors create such a cool effect. It's that endless mirror effect, but in every direction.

Not much else to say about this photo. It was just a random idea that ended up turning out really well. See you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment