Sunday, February 9, 2014

New Logo Design

Today's photo isn't, well, a photo. It's created entirely in Photoshop. I needed something quick, so Ps would have to do. It was good practice with blending modes anyway.


I found a tutorial for this online, and decided to give it a try. I added my own bits to it of course, but for the most part it's what was int he tutorial.

You can read along with the tutorial, I won't waste my time explaining what's already been explained.

I will explain what I added. The layer of clouds that makes the nebula effect didn't seem quite right. The colors didn't blend well, it was too linear. To fix this, I duplicated it, set the gradient to radiant instead of linear. This just made the colors blend better together, making the transitions less abrupt and distracting.

That's the only thing I added though. Haha it's basically just the tutorial. Maybe I'll play around with the colors and what not later to change it more, but I like it as is for the most part.

Oh, one other little tweak I made, for the lettering, having the set up as it was in the tutorial was way overdone in my opinion. Because each side of the letter was made up of two layers, I lowered the opacity of both so that there wouldn't be as much effect on the clouds as with 100% on both. The whole image is too contrasty and over saturated to begin with, so I don't want to add to that. Not that contrast and saturation are necessarily a bad thing, I just don't want to really over do it.

Short post today, hopefully something better tomorrow. See you then.

No comments:

Post a Comment