Saturday, February 22, 2014

Another Photoshop thing

Yet again, I had no idea what I wanted to shoot today. I guess there's only so much you can do late at night in a dorm room. Tried to do some photos earlier in the day, but they didn't turn out. So I resorted to using Photoshop, which I honestly hate to do.

The idea behind this was to do kinda a good and evil theme. I've done it before, so I figured I could knock it out and get something up for today.

I hung a ripped up sheet of cloth on my wall, then used a gelled strobe to light it. I got on picture of myself just standing there, and then one with my helmet attempting to look evil...pretty cheesy I know.

I got them into Ps and blended them together so they'd look like one image. I adjusted some levels to make it more contrasty lighting, then I made the fire effect. I have some brush presets that are things of smoke, so I just used those and layered them to create "fire." Pretty OK if you ask me. I used layer makes to get the fire "in" the helmet and "behind" me.

In Lr, I applied the Cross Process 3 preset and was done. Pretty quick and easy.


Not my best work.

Anyway, that's it for today. See you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment