Monday, November 17, 2014

Une Apple

I was very much out of ideas tonight for a photo. I was going to take a picture of my bread....but I kinda ate it soooooo that didn't work...

I played around with portraits for a little while. Nope. Maybe some product shots? Nope.

Oh what's that?

A piece of mat board with a hole cut in it? That would make a cool little light, lets put an apple below it.

I put a single strobe up in the air, and the apple on my stool with the mat board in between the two. When the strobe popped, only the light that passed through the little circle reached the apple. It only illuminated the top of the apple, and a little bit of the stool.  The circle had a little highlights on it, but nothing else got light.

I shot at f/8, so the background was pretty much black.

It's so simple, I love it.

In Lr, I painted in a darkening adjustment on everything but the apple and hole, so everything but then is absolute black. I did a slight bump in contrast and a little bit of clarity and highlights too. Not much though. I converted to b/w and that was it. Simple, but elegant.

Now, I am going to go eat that apple, because it is delicious.



Alternate edit. The more modern style.



See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment