Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Tasty Sun`

What's orange, tasty, and the size of a golf ball? Halo sun satsumas would be the correct answer. Juicy little spheres of goodness.

In honor  of them, I of course did a simple little portrait of one tonight. Nothing crazy, just simple goodness.

My first thought was to under light the fruit using a gridded strobe. I did this for a light bulb a while ago, and then used a screen for the shoe picture a while ago.

I set up this light before anything else. Starting  at lowest power and f/9, it actually lit the fruit perfectly from below. That was easy...

Then I added a top light by way of a soft box just about 5 inches up. Here's a little picture of it..




You may see that I added a piece of paper under the fruit. This was because I didn't like the way the grid was sort of taking over the image... just wasn't working. But with the paper, it turned into a little seamless white background. I held up the corner to make that seamless effect.

That's about it for shooting...oh I used a 4x macro converter to get a bit closer. I really need to get a macro lens.....

Editing...I just added some brightness to the background by way of a very feathered mask around the fruit. That's it though...

Like I said, very simple photo.



See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment