Saturday, August 16, 2014

Noisy little flying machine

Probably going to be pretty quick post tonight, not much to tell about the photo.

Maclin and I took the quad up above pear point tonight...to a certain height you don't know. But it was high enough that we could see all the way to the north end of the island, Shaw, and Orcas. The sun had already set on the ground, but way up high the sunset was still going strong. The ISO still had to be cranked up way high, but it looked amazing. I took a bunch of shots because I was planning on doing a little planet, but the camera cut out half way through so I couldn't finish it. :( sad face

But there were still some really cool photos! A little, I mean very noisy, but still cool. To start editing, I cropped it down into a longer aspect ratio, which I just liked better. Then the clarity went up a bit, and vibrance a bit, blacks down a bit, then the shadows up. All this brought out the details in the midtones and highlights a bit, while keeping the darks dark. It did introduce some noise, ugh, but noise reduction helped out a bit with that. To finalize, I added some saturation into the sky and the water. Just helped...with stuff. everyone likes color right?


Also added a vignette, just really suited the photo.

See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment