Tuesday, August 5, 2014

I Dunno

So plans changed last minute tonight, so I ended up taking some very fast pictures of some very wilting flowers. Said flowers were just sitting there, so I put on the 50 with the 10x macro adaptor and started shooting away.

The camera has a hard time focusing with that combination of optics on though, and at f1.4, the pictures were all very very soft. I didn't want to shoot for very long, so I just started trying to incorporate that look into what I was shooting.

To get things even more blurred and crazy soft, I shot from a low angle to increase the distance between my subject and other parts of the shot. This blurred everything a lot more as it effectively decreases your depth of field.

For editing, I did something I never, ever, do. Decrease the clarity all the way. Crazy, I know. But I actually love how it turned out. That, in combination with upping the vibrance and luminosity of the reds and oranges, just made everything hyper realistic but also very surreal. It's just a very odd representation of a flower, that I really like.


See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment