Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Fair week

As a signal that the end of summer is near, it's fair week! Today was my last day at the shop too..summer has gone by way to fast!

So anyway, Victor and I arrived at the same pretty much as the rides were shutting down and everything was closing down. But that's okay! The zipper and paratrooper/octopus thing was still running, so I focused on those two.

When shooting rides with a bunch of movement and lights, I wanted to drag the shutter a bit to capture that motion. I started with the paratrooper because it spun around in a circle, which is a very cool geometric pattern when you get light trails. I put the center of the ride right behind another light ball in the foreground, so that there would be a sharp foreground with the light spinning around it...it makes more sense in the photo.


Great circle of lights around the light ball. I would have liked to frame it a little differently, but just after I took this the ride shut down. :(

So then I moved to the Zipper!

Same settings: ISO100, f5.6, and 2 seconds.

clarity up, vibrance up, blacks down, shadows up.

I just got the big neon sign and timed the light from the ride so that it made a big trail right behind the sign. Turned out pretty well!

All in all, pretty good results for such quick set up.


And a bonus picture of Ben and his glasses because funny.


See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment