Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Body in my room

So there has been a dead moth in my room for about a week...I've been meaning to do a macro with it, and finally I got a chance tonight when my cf cards arrived. It's very nice to not have to connect to a computer to shoot.

So for the moth...it got put in a little stand clamp. That little stand is exceptionally useful for macros... I wanted the background to be the light wood from my table to match the color of the moth. The moth got pointed straight up, almost over vertical actually, so that I could shoot straight down.

Here's the set up of lights. Soft light right for main light, hard light below to add some texture and shadows.

The angle this photo was taken is also about the angle the blog photo was taken. Just fyi

You can also see the macro filter I was using. 10x magnification



For editing, clarity +79, shadows +42, vibrance +62.

I also did some vignetting...





Keep in mind the composition, the moth is on the upper right thirds intersection.  I gave some room on the left to balance the picture, as the moth is looking left.  I would have liked the clamp to come from the bottom left and circle around, but it's not a perfect world.

See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment