Sunday, January 19, 2014

Aura

The first photo I did for tonight I really didn't like, so I decided to make a little photo shop piece. I did use photos composited to create this, so it is't all fake.


So here it is. Nothing too fantastic. It's pretty simple as far as it's parts go. There me sitting (one photo I took), the cliff (pulled from google), the auto (painted) and the stars.

To get the photo of me sitting, I took a photo of me sitting at the edge of a table. I selected myself in Ps and then painted back in the selection to make me a silhouette. I used the same technique for the cliff.

The stars are a picture I took last summer, set to screen and put over a gradient of blue to red.

The aura was the tricky part. I used an old brush preset that generated clouds to make some clouds, then applied a motion blur filter, spherize, and wave filter. These gave it the stretch out, wavy, atmospheric look.

This is really just a quick post because I have a ton of reading to get caught up on. I'll do something more in depth tomorrow I hope. See you then.

No comments:

Post a Comment